White Javanese Jedi Knight

White Javanese Jedi Knight

Friday 10 July 2015

Breaking symbolic 1000 km nonstop biking record!



Indonesia. East Java. Near city of Jember.  3 am in the night. 1000 km from Jakarta. After 6 days and 6 nights non stop biking.

When I seen on my GPS 1000 km I just stooped and used a baby ass powder to to mark the magic line on the road.



Immediately local people  appeared from nowhere (as usual in java) and  started to celebrate with me.
















I've just broken my symbolic 1000 km record!

1000 km! Non stop biking!  The longest biking trip I ever made in my life.  6 days and 6 nights of non stop biking. Trip From Jakarta (Java) to Denpasar (Bali). 

1000 km! Non stop biking! 24h/24h!  Just the fantastic symbolic personal record! Super challenge! 

In such a harsh conditions! Tropical climate. 35C. Very bad routes. 50% off-road. Mountains. Volcanos. Up and down. 3-4 times a day.

Non stop. 24h/24h. Only short 20 min stops. Every 2 hours.  When tired, sleepy, thirsty, hungry, toilet need .....

Now I'm tired. Lost somewhere in East Java mountains. Close to Gunung Semeru.  Jalan rusak! Progressing very slowly. Tomorrow I should reach Banyuwangi and ferry to Bali. 

The trip continue. Now I can take a longer break for sleep :))) But I will keep this symbolic 1000 km nonstop record in my memory :))

PS1

I'm Still far from World Record :))

On 13 March 1940 Pat Hawkins set the 'World 1,000 mile record' in Perth, having ridden the 1,000 miles (1,600 km) distance in 4 days, 8 hours and 7 minutes. 

In 2001 Gethin Butler completed 1000 miles in 55 hours 59 minutes 0 seconds.

So now my next target: 1000 miles?

PS2

Just to explain the method. If u stop every 2 hours for 20 minutes. It means u have rest for 17% of your time. It's enough. Just like computer reset. You still tired. But not sleepy for the next 2 hours :) 

Some activities can be done while u biking. Use diapers for peeing. Drink. Eat some simple things (fruits). When u stop. Use maximum (15 min) for short sleep. Java is perfect for that. Because of hot climat. U can lay down everywhere! On the ground. In warungs (small restaurants). I prefer convenience shops (Indomaret, Alfamart) during the daytime and Mosques during the night. They are everywhere. Have perfect toilets :))) 

Bravo Indonesia! Bravo Java! Perfect environment to break nonstop biking records :)))))))

Another advice. The ass baby powder. Perfect to protect my ass on fire. Perfect to ...write down on the street :))))

PS3

The only drug I'm using. Strong music!!! Fucking strong!  Not good for road safety. But perfect painkiller and keep my brain focused :))
What kind of music? The best one :))

Pink Floyd
Kings of Leon
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Archive
Underworld
Death in Vegas
The Doors
The Flaming Lips

PS4

200 million Muslims around me in Indonesia are doing something exceptional!

They are able to fast during one month. Ramadan. Not eating and especially not drinking  in a hot tropical country! 

For me is a great human achievement. A world record!

So I also decided to do something exceptional. I'm not Muslim. So need to find another challenge. 

Something I can do. Biking!

That's why I've just broken my symbolic 1000 km non-stop biking record!

Seems crazy? If somebody telling me that biking 1000 km non-stop in tropic is crazy. I'm replying that not drinking during Ramadan for 1 months in a hot tropical country  is even more crazy!! :)))  

200 million Muslims in Indonesia are able to do it? So am I.  I'm able to bike :)))

PS5

I'm an old man? 

Ok. I'm not young anymore. 51 years old. 
But still have time and energy to improve my record. 

This time I had terrible time with my rebellious ass! Ass on Fire!!!

So I'm still far from the world record (1000 miles in 59 hours). Because I did 1000 km in 144 hours. 

But the world record was done in UK. Flat. Perfect roads. Light road bicycle. Perfect weather conditions. Probably with full assistance. Spare parts. Mechanics. Massage therapists. 

In Indonesia no roads. Terrible weather. No assistance. DIY mechanic concept! I carry my spare parts. SLR camera. My back back is heavier than my bike!

But! But! Indonesia  has definitely better ...massage therapists !!!!:))))

PS6

Thank you. Need friends support :))
Some of Your best comments:


Amazing trip.



Remember old man, you are not young anymore.


Tu es un homme incroyable...non pas vieux, certainement pas !
Et comme tu dis ce n'est pas dans les conditions de l'Indonésie, surtout le dénivelé, les routes et la chaleur et que tu vas battre le temps du record des anglais mais quel record !


gila!



Nikt Cie nie widzial Erno. ..Nie bajeruj...



True ultra marathon sport.. I've heard about long distance xc marathon such as cape epic.. But riding non stop for 6 days and nights is just.. Crazy....



Amazing ,impressive, positive  crazy



Yippie yeayyy.... Alhamdulillah ,, heheee.. Tx God,, arrived in bali safe & sound!! Congratz alien :) ♥



Congrats pak! I hope your ass is cooperating now



Gratuluję pobicia rekordu! Zazdroszczę Tobie, masz ciekawe, pasjonujące życie:)



Ja pierole, ale dystans! Dupska to chyba nie czułeś... 


W związku z Twoją 1000km samotną podróżą nasuwa mi się pytanie –jak wygląda indonezyjska „służba zdrowia”?
Czy w przypadku jakiś problemów zdrowotnych ,Tfu Tfu zasłabnięcia, złamania itd. jest szansa na jakąkolwiek pomoc na tych bezdrożach.
Ryzykant z Ciebie, ale wyczyn jest wyjątkowy.


Widzę szanse na dobrego sponsora Twoich wypraw-producent pudru dla dzieci. Niezła reklama. 



Jusqu'ici je réservais mon jugement, mais je pense que tu es un extra-terrestre, et pas qu'au petit déjeuner dans les hôtels !!
:-D










No comments:

Post a Comment