White Javanese Jedi Knight

White Javanese Jedi Knight

Thursday 2 April 2015

Jakarta. Jalan tikus. Rat streets.

6 o’clock in the morning. This morning. Sunrise. In the middle of Jakarta labyrinth, narrow and continuously meandering... Jalan tikus (rat streets).
No cars, no motorcycles. Air is clean. No pollution. Calm. Like in a Gigantic Indonesian kampung (village).
And smiling faces. A lot of smiling faces. I’m smiling back to them. Not too much. I've already lost this habit in Europe. In France. There, in these cold, sad, grey and unhappy countries nobody is smiling anymore….
Try to forget! This people here. Now. In this present moment of my life! Their smiles are like fantastic and magic remedy. Healing my wounded, occidental soul…….:))
Years ago,...if somebody asked me a question about my preferred place in Indonesia I would immediately choose Bali. Since then, too many Assholes there (high ADI level (Asshole Density Index), mostly Australians).
And in the meantime during years wandering with my bicycle (60 000 km in 4 years). I discovered a lot of other fantastic and remote parts of Indonesia: East Java, Sumba, Lombok, Moluku...
But today my answer is clear. Jakarta Jalan tikus. Tempat terbaik di dunia:)) (the best place on Earth) !!!
And my love to Jakarta is ...still growing, and growing....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5f8ptip0n8





















































No comments:

Post a Comment